The strength of the Northern Growth Zone is the ability to offer businesses:
- a development platform for piloting sustainable and smart innovations
- enhanced cooperation and development activities of public administration
- effective collaboration between enterprises, the public sector, research institutions and universities, and utilisation of international networks
- possibilities to coordinate resources, catalyst funding
- efficient exchange of information and interaction
By bringing together key representatives of the state, cities, business sector and research and development organisations, the Northern Growth Zone network brings new business, jobs and vitality in Finland.
The excellent location of the zone, a functional infrastructure and versatile expertise create a unique platform for the development of innovations such as digital service concepts. The area is an attractive operating environment for businesses and an excellent investment option for international investors.
The growth zone links urban regions into a wider job market and economic area offering businesses internationally attractive investments.
The foundation of a growth zone or corridor that is situated between urban centres is a functional transport system.
The report defined the cities where the development corridors end for the purpose of the study, but in reality the corridors continue onwards from
The Northern Growth Zone is essential to Finland’s foreign trade, logistics and international investments – the zone accounts for more