In the national core curriculum the schools and education institutions are encouraged to co-operate actively with companies and communities as a part of schoolwork and studying. The aim is to use multiform learning environments to increase know-how.
The management of the schools and education institutions as well as the teaching and education personnel need to be aware of the statutes concerning marketing and sponsorship when they are representing their school or education institution in corporate or community co-operation.
Education Division / basic education swimming teachers give swimming lessons to the students of 1st, 3rd and 5th years in accordance with the plan approved by the Sports Committee. The swimming lessons of the 2nd, 4th and 6th year students have either been included in the schools’ own physical education curriculums or the responsibility is left for the parents.
The swimming lessons of years 7–10 have been entered in the schools’ own physical education curriculums, in which case the schools’ own physical education teachers are responsible for the lessons.
Break activity volunteers in primary schools
- Break activity volunteers are trained during autumns in co-operation with the Department of Teacher Education in Turku
- The target group is the students of the 5th and 6th years
- The aim is to promote exercise during breaks with a ‘peer instructor’ principle
- Contain equipment suitable for break activities
- In primary schools every class has their own break basket
- In secondary schools the equipment is school-specific
- The baskets should be restocked on a regula
Turku Summer School 2020 is organised jointly by the University of Turku and Turku University of Applied Sciences, in cooperation with Study in Tur