The Swedish Language Section of Education Committee is responsible for Swedish language services. The Swedish language services are directed by Liliane Kjellman.
VALMO is meant for students whose native languages are not Finnish or Swedish and prepares them for basic education. The students learn Finnish and other skills for approximately a year before transferring to local schools.
Students whose native languages are not Finnish or Swedish can choose between Finnish as a Second Language and Literature (S2) or Swedish as Second Language and Literature (R2).
OMO is education given in students’ native languages.
Parents always have the responsibility to teach their child to move safely in traffic. The way to school should be acquainted together with the child well beforehand.
School transportation is primarily provided with the City's public transportation bus card. The card can be loaded at the Public Transportation Service Office, Aurakatu 5.
• Supports the student’s everyday work at school, interaction, and ability to function
• evaluates the student’s circumstances by learning about the student’s school attendance and life situation at individual, family and school community levels
• consults teachers and student welfare personnel
• co-operates closely and openly with parents
• works with classes and student groups
• participates in multidisciplinary student welfare work and networking
• participates in the development of school-specific student welfare as an expert of their own field